Saturday, July 12, 2008

Too long

Wow, entropy does reign - look at the date above. It's been forever since I last wrote, and not because I don't want to. I started working 2 jobs on June 23rd, 40 hours/week, and suddenly I don't have time. Oh, and much more important is that I have a girlfriend, so my other time is occupied. Either way, my blogging time has been hampered.


I think I'll go ahead and take time out every few days to at least update the world and the current 3 people who subscribe to my blog to my present activities. Well, to a degree. Here's what's going on right now:

This morning I ran 5 miles. That's the first time in my entire life that I ran more than 3. A couple weeks ago was my 4 mile victory, and next week will be my 6 mile triumph. It's on Saturday, so if I never write after next Saturday y'all will know perfectly well why not. SO this morning's run was long, but after about 35 minutes it just seemed to glide on. Not that it was easy to any degree, but my body was like "Fine, whatever!" and it seemed to not get any more tired than I already was. Was that a second wind or just numb from over exertion? I'm banking for the latter, but somebody who may have already experienced this can comment if wanted. :)

Also this morning I went to the funeral of a close friend, Craig Decker. (One of my best friends, Becca, wrote a beautiful post about him.) He passed away last Saturday in a drowning incident on Utah Lake, and since then I've been really affected by it. On Tuesday night I watched the ClearPlay version of "Into the Wild," in which (PLOT SPOILER!!) the protagonist dies at the very end. It was a pretty sad ending, but very instructive, but the fact that he dies on top of the real death of my friend Craig just hit me on Tuesday night, and for the first time since I was in middle school I cried myself to sleep. To add to that, the funeral was incredibly beautiful and brought the spirit in strong. I was like a sieve today, tears everywhere. Angie tells me it wasn't embarrassing, but I don't least I wasn't the only one crying. There were probably over 600 people at the funeral, quite possibly more. The stake center parking lot was overfilled and we had to park in the street. It was incredible to see how many people this young man had influenced and affected during his lifetime (many of which weren't at the funeral).

That was just this morning.

It was a great day, though. I spent some time with friends who are getting married and heading to Iceland (yeah...) and time with other friends who've been married for 2.5 years and had their first son 2 months ago. It was a good day.

Tomorrow I'll see if I can post something. Maybe even some pictures if I'm lucky. We'll have to wait to see... ;)

No comments: